Conference Day 1 Agenda - June 5th
7:30 am - 7:55 am Registration & Welcome Refreshments
7:55 am - 8:00 am Felicia Madsen, Event Director – Opening Speech
8:00 am - 8:10 am Chair's Welcome Address to TEX Week
8:10 am - 8:40 am The influence of technology to the speed of change in business transformationBrenton Harder, Head of Business Productivity Improvement,BNY Mellon
Time is considered one of our most precious commodities, and that’s no different in business. Change is accelerating at a faster pace, thanks to innovative technologies, leaving companies at a cross-road on how to maintain their advantage. Join BNY Mellon on how they redeveloped their way of approaching enterprise improvement; quickly and easily improving the processing speed of most transactions by focusing on the supporting technical infrastructure and flow of data across a process.
· Transforming expectations – changing the way you change
· Maximizing opportunities through Rapid Process Improvement
· Never underestimate the importance of clean and structured data
Brenton HarderHead of Business Productivity Improvement
8:40 am - 9:10 am Business intelligence in the digital age: the marriage of strategiesDave Castellani, Business Information Officer,New York Life Pranay Butala, Vice President, Business Transformation and Process Improvement,Reed Group Virgil Miller, Executive Vice President, Chief Operations Officer, Aflac U.S. / President, Aflac Group,Aflac
Success in today’s digital world is directly linked to the quantity and quality of information possessed, from your clients to your market. Cognizant decision-making ultimately leads to further opportunities and technological development; this tight rope that businesses are willing to walk can be the difference between sustainable success and ultimate failure. Join this session to hear how these businesses are maneuvering across intertwining strategies to drive operational excellence.
· How to align cross-company initiatives to form a cohesive approach across OPEX, Technology and Operations
· Achieving clear consistent strategies for technology excellence - prescriptive and preventative
· Watch out for the bumps and bruises along the way (planning, sponsorship, budgeting, and prioritizing)
Dave CastellaniBusiness Information Officer
New York Life
Pranay ButalaVice President, Business Transformation and Process Improvement
Virgil MillerExecutive Vice President, Chief Operations Officer, Aflac U.S. / President, Aflac Group
9:10 am - 9:30 am Barometer Discussion
Time to play a game! You as the audience will be asked a series of questions, and will be required to position yourselves according to your answers. Meet those next to you who share similar views!
9:30 am - 10:00 am Developing Executive Problem Solving BehaviorsEdward Blackman, Global Continuous Improvement Leader, Information Systems,Whirlpool
Combining Behavioral Science with Lean leadership has resulted in transforming executives and their leadership teams into not only supporting Continuous Improvement, but also daily practitioners of CI. In this session you will learn about the CI journey of a Global Information Services leadership team.
Edward BlackmanGlobal Continuous Improvement Leader, Information Systems
10:00 am - 10:30 am User Guide: Proper care and feeding of the automated information workerStu Leibowitz, Offering Manager, Digital Business Automation,IBM Cloud
Technology advancement has ushered in a new era of work. Technology and people are inseparable and the way we work is quickly changing to reflect that. What’s emerging in the Age of Digitization is a new kind of employee: the Automated Information Worker. With robotic process automation handling repetitive tasks and streamlined workflows accelerating collaboration, the Automated Information Worker uses cloud and cognitive computing to gain a deeper understanding of customers, markets and processes, and powerful enterprise search tools to pinpoint relevant data and content at the right moment to make better decisions for the business. This session will reveal how IBM Clients have defined and shaped the Automated Information Worker, with real world stories from the Digital Frontier to demonstrate the bottom line value.
Stu LeibowitzOffering Manager, Digital Business Automation
10:30 am - 11:00 am Take a moment and network – refresh yourself with some coffee and nibbles, and make the first move!
11:00 am - 11:30 am Transforming your digital strategy to adapt to needs of the customerDave Castellani, Business Information Officer,New York Life
Today’s consumer habits are changing by the day, and very few brands can adapt. The problem is that many business models begin and end their journey with the product, not with customers. To thrive in the “Age of The Customer”, we need intelligent process strategies, where you are able to adapt to an ever-changing consumer.
• Delivering sustainable modern day customer-centric strategies in a legacy business
• Implementing agile frameworks for continuous delivery
• Creating a seamless Omni-channel customer experience
Dave CastellaniBusiness Information Officer
New York Life
11:30 am - 12:00 pm The 7 Steps to Operational Excellence and Digital TransformationMichael W. Barnett, Ph.D. EVP, Cognitive Engineering,SmartCloud, Inc.
Signavio was born out of an obvious need for a more collaborative and accessible approach to process management. With businesses increasingly required to effectively share knowledge between employees or departments for operational excellence, their web-based collaborative BPM software drove visibility, and in turn efficiency.
Michael W. BarnettPh.D. EVP, Cognitive Engineering
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Meet and greet - lunch & networking for all attendees
Join us for lunch in the exhibition hall and take it to the next level. A chance to win prizes, all the while making new connections!
Track A: Process Automation1:00 pm - 1:30 pm “Tex Talk” Panel: Robotics and the road to automate business processes James Holthaus, Director of Continuous Improvement,Kaplan Professional Raju Deshpande, Senior Vice President, Director of Operational Excellence & Change Executio,East West Bank
· Achieving an automation mindset
· Exploring the positioning of the enterprise function
· Contact management within automation
James HolthausDirector of Continuous Improvement
Raju DeshpandeSenior Vice President, Director of Operational Excellence & Change Executio
East West Bank
Track B: BPM: Past, Present, Future1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Digital Data Debt: Overcoming The Legacy Hurdle Dan Griffith, Director,Everteam
· Discover an agile approach to modernizing legacy applications with process orchestration
· Learn how to compose a cost effective plan for identifying and preserving critical application data so applications can truly be decommissioned
· Explore practical ways that companies achieve their transformation goals while avoiding digital data (and technical) debt
Track C: Customer-centric Transformation1:00 pm - 1:30 pm Enhanced customer insights that shape your operational excellence Guy Sereff, Vice President, Enterprise Architecture,Change Healthcare Rick Starbuck, Senior Vice President, Chief Design Officer,Change Healthcare
· Understanding the customer at the end of the digital chain
· Working business innovation and enterprise minded culture into a legacy company
· How to re-invigorate enterprise architecture across the business
· Implementing agile and resilient frameworks for continuous value delivery
Guy SereffVice President, Enterprise Architecture
Rick StarbuckSenior Vice President, Chief Design Officer
Track A: Process Automation1:30 pm - 2:00 pm RPA: Reality vs Fairy-tale – is it a happy ending for operational excellence? Olamide Adegbesote, Director - Robotics Process Automation,UBS
- Understanding insights into process, and customer journey
- Traditional work flow to leading tech such as AI and RPA
- The challenges of RPA and its implementation
- Speed of execution and sustainability
- Scalability of the platform – the plan before creation
Olamide AdegbesoteDirector - Robotics Process Automation
Track B: BPM: Past, Present, Future1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Blockchain: A better way to Business Process Improvement? Dennis O'Connell, Chief Technology Officer,Forbes Tech Council
· Enterprise obsession with improving processes, can Blockchain provide a better approach?
· The difference in traditional BPM and blockchain technology-driven transformation
· Is blockchain an opportunity, threat, or risk for enterprises?
Dennis O'ConnellChief Technology Officer
Forbes Tech Council
Track C: Customer-centric Transformation1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Tag-team Discussion: Using technology to create seamless customer experiences across a disjointed network
· Exploring the operational excellence in quality customer experience
· Unlocking the delivery model that augments CX
· The impacts on business operations, and scalability
· Renovating customer interactions
Track A: Process Automation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Intelligent Automation "Idea Jam" Bhaskar Roy, Head of Growth,Workato Markus Zirn, Vice President Business Development,Workato
- Facilitated discussion of top business process challenges in two groups: a) "customer journey" and b) "employee engagement"
- Group deep dives into the root cause underlying the process challenges
- Customer case study how a modern, agile RPA platform can transform business process bottlenecks and drive innovation by making powerful business system connections
- How business analysts can make process improvements happen end-to-end, from requirements all the way to production, without the need for IT and developers
Bhaskar RoyHead of Growth
Markus ZirnVice President Business Development
Track B: BPM: Past, Present, Future2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Constructing the Self-Aware Enterprise – Turning Transformation into BAU Gordon Cooper, Customer Success Manager,Mega International
Real agility and successful transformation is gained through the construction of the Self-Aware Enterprise. The Self-Aware Enterprise expands the boundaries of the enterprise, provides a fully-integrated multi-dimensional vision of the enterprise, and turns decision-making into risk-aware adaptive strategy.
Gordon CooperCustomer Success Manager
Track C: Customer-centric Transformation2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Case-study Panel: Re-engineering your customer's journey - how to deliver to your customers through digital transformation Gustav Toppenberg, Chief Architect,Boston Consulting Group
· The changing customer journey and the role of integrating the physical and digital footprint.
· The role of digital transformation in the retail value chain - how companies are digitizing their organizations to disrupt and innovate.
Gustav ToppenbergChief Architect
Boston Consulting Group
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Shark Tank Demo Drive
Don’t miss this engaging session where participants have 5 minutes each to share insight, ideas and pitches on a new OPEX technology, way of working or innovative idea to the entire delegation, using the most imaginative means possible – video, audio, technology, audience participation and props.
3:00 pm - 3:20 pm Afternoon break – get your networking groove on
IDG B3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG B: The digital journey – natural progression vs disruptive change
· Initiating transformation in a structured environment
· Discovering operational excellence through a prism
· Identifying innovative strategies to enhance industry and organizational architecture
IDG C3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG C: Digitally transforming your processes John Leahy, Solution Architect,BOARD Americas Jame Garnett, Sales Director,BOARD Americas
- Identifying which business areas you need to digitally transform and how to do it
- Revamping your processes for the digital world
- Driving digital transformation is not just about implementing technology, but leading change
John LeahySolution Architect
Jame GarnettSales Director
IDG D3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG D: Bots and Virtual Assistants for your Processes
· Buying time for your internal processes
· Developing talent management and learning solutions
· Achieving successful integration between bots and people
· Accomplishing high spirits within the workplace through bots
IDG E3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG E: How digitalization is changing your employees, their processes and ways of working James Zupancic, Vice President of Operational Excellence,Standex International
· Getting buy-in from an employee population to drive process improvement
· Proactive data processes vs reactive
· Agile thinking – contributed solutions
James ZupancicVice President of Operational Excellence
IDG F3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG F: Business process leadership during a digital transformation Amy McFarlain, Vice President of Operational Excellence,Westgate Las Vegas
- Establishing a preliminary setup of personnel for a successful implementation
- Getting people on board to maintain consistency
- Integrating within your customer base
Amy McFarlainVice President of Operational Excellence
Westgate Las Vegas
IDG G3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG G: Do “best practices” kill your digital transformation William Owad, Senior Vice President, Operational Excellence,Cardinal Health
· Identifying the limitations of structuring “best practices”
· Understanding the affect on potential growth and innovation
· Achieving a balance between corporate foundations, and operational excellence
William OwadSenior Vice President, Operational Excellence
IDG H3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG H: The sweet spot of operational excellence and its impact on end-to-end supply chain strategy Jamie McDonald, Vice President, Supply Chain Deployment,Schneider Electric
· The key ingredients for employee engagement
· How process maintenance add strategic value to the supply chain
· Assessing the possibilities of IoT
Jamie McDonaldVice President, Supply Chain Deployment
IDG I3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG I: Design thinking to solve legacy systems, processes and digital transformation Abhishek Mittal, Vice President of Customer Insights & Operational Excellence,Wolters Kluwer
· Understanding the basics of design thinking
· Delivering continuous improvement through strategic deployment
· Utilization of analytics to redesign your transformational approach
Abhishek MittalVice President of Customer Insights & Operational Excellence
IDG J3:20 pm - 5:00 pm IDG J: Continuous improvement through domain driven design and microservices Brad Ellis, Director of Production Technology,Mimeo
· Understanding why systems fail
· Building simple systems with specific responsibilities
· Achieving domain driven design
· Event storming, and microservices
Brad EllisDirector of Production Technology
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Session hosted by UiPath: Delivering superior outcomes through digitized operational excellence using RPAArjun Iyer, VP Sales,UiPath
- Understanding RPA in simple terms – what it is, what it is not, the roadmap of RPA – from simple mimicking of human activity to Intelligent Automation
- How does RPA fit into the Digitization framework
- How do RPA companies look to aid your success in digital transformation
- Some success stories and lessons learnt
RPA best practices, general idea of ROI, timelines etc.
Arjun IyerVP Sales
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm Active Session: Leadership, wellbeing and high performance and its impact on enterprise excellencePaul Taylor, Owner/Director,Body-Brain Performance Institute
“I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles, but today it means getting along with people” – Gandhi
In order to successfully execute any transformation, you need the backing of your people. Leadership can and should stimulate innovation, and convey a sense of confidence and meaning. An employee’s well being can be lead by the challenges and developments set out by a leader.
Join Paul as he explores the linkages between leadership and an employee’s cognitive performance!
· Examining the critical role of leadership
· Implement a list of daily rituals for enhancing your employee’s performance
· Exercising their physical and mental well-being
Body-Brain Performance Institute
6:00 pm - 6:10 pm Chair's Closing Remarks for TEX Week's First Day
6:10 pm - 7:10 pm Welcome to TEX Week - Launch Party
Time to grab a glass (or few) and join us in celebrating the launch of TEX Week, the first of its kind. This is your chance to relax, unwind and enjoy the entertainment. Don’t forget to socialize with your new connections!